camel-users mailing list archives

From thabach <b...@evolootion.ch>
Subject Re: Lost Messages in DeadLetterChannel.
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2009 08:28:10 GMT

Hi Claus

thanks for having a look, I appreciate.

I don't think it is a misconfiguration though. On the first segment to the
seda queues I do want the default error handler to return the
'exception'al-exchanges (i.e. the exchanges suffering from a 'Queue full'
exception), to the producer. Theses messages are not supposed to end up in
the deadletter queue, but to be recovered by the producer
(CustomDirectProducer in the original unit tests, posted) and resent to the
seda queues.

With these 'blocking' producer semantics installed, all messages make it to
the second segment (i.e. the routes consuming from the seda queues). In the
original unit tests the ExceptionThrower always throws on the expected 25
messages, but not all of these 'exceptional' messages make it to the
deadletter queue when using a DeadLetterChannel (DeadLetterChannelTest),
whereas in the ExceptionBarrierTest - using our custom ExceptionBarrier
component - they do.

I am still under the impression of losing messages and don't get me wrong, I
am happy to be told that it was just me (and my configuration) :) .

Cheers, Christian.