camel-users mailing list archives

From Scott Parkerson <>
Subject Re: Using @Produce / @Consume -- What am I missing?
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:29:49 GMT
On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 16:07 +0100, James Strachan wrote:

> Are you creating your OutboundFooRequestHandlerImpl class by
> configuring it in Spring XML? Or are you using the Spring 3 component
> scan stuff?

Well, that question made me realize that I need to instantiate the bean
via Spring. Turns out two things were missing:

1. I needed to configure the Impl class in my bean, thusly:

<bean name="outboundFooProcessor"
class="com.ateb.dataproc.obc_processor.internal.OutboundFooRequestHandlerImpl" />

2. I needed to configure the Apache Maven plugin to add the package
"com.ateb.dataproc.obc_processor.internal" to <Private-Package> in my

Now, I have a new issue:

Upon each message consumed, this is spewed to SMX's console:

11:26:11,796 | WARN  | nerContainer-240 |
DefaultMessageListenerContainer  | AbstractMessageListenerContainer  646
| Execution of JMS message listener failed
org.apache.camel.component.jms.RuntimeJmsException: Failed to extract
body due to: javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body from content.
Serializable class not available to broker. Reason:

So, evidently, something needs to be added to my bundle's classpath via
the pom.xml? Or am I missing the component?

View raw message