camel-users mailing list archives

From "Bach Christian" <Christian.B...@six-group.com>
Subject Global Error Handler Question.
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:02:26 GMT
Heya guys

I am trying to install a global error handler by setting :

<camelContext id="camel" xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring"
errorHandlerRef="deadLetterErrorHandler">

in the camelContext, according to
http://camel.apache.org/error-handler.html the error handler is expected
to be inherited and being applicable in all the routes, ya ?

But it is not, when inspecting stack traces I see the
DefaultErrorHandler still being applied in all my routes. When
configuring individual routes, like:

<route errorHandlerRef="deadLetterErrorHandler">

things are working nicely and my stack traces for the particular route
do have the DeadLetterChannel installed.

I must be doing something wrong in my attempt of globally configuring
matter. The Camel version used is 2.0.0 and the deadLetterErrorHandler
is configured like this:

<bean id="deadLetterErrorHandler"
class="org.apache.camel.builder.DeadLetterChannelBuilder">
    	<property name="deadLetterUri" value="seda:deadletterQueue"/>
     	<property name="handled" value="false" />
</bean>

Any help appreciated, thx, Christian.

or legally privileged information. If you receive this message in error, please notify the
sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system.
Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
networks.