camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Monitor GC on Camel Context
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:57:41 GMT
On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 3:23 AM, Praveen
Krishnan<praveen.krishnan@citrix.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We have been trying to use camel for sending emails for our services. While
> setting up camel, we have various issues enabling the JMX. I have filed a
> defect for the same(https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-1945).

> Apart from the issue in the defect, i was also curious as to how i can check
> the GC parameters on the camel context. How can i check Memory leaks, GC,
> the JVM behavior etc. Will enabling the JMX on the camel context give me
> everything?

This is not Camel specific but JMX in general can expose such
information. Just start any jconsole and take a look on the JVM.

> The things i would love to have are
> 1. Enable camel context on a specific host/IP (the hostname is not
> configurable and its defaulting to localhost)

What do you mean? You want to use jconsole to "remote" view another
server which runs Camel? If so just use the 3rd tab on jconsole
to enter the service URI which accepts a IP, port etc.

For instance this is the one you can use to look at Camel on the same machine
service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi/camel

But just change localhost and port number to some remote server

> 2. Check all teh JVM params thru jconsole.

Is standard by JMX itself.