camel-users mailing list archives

From Srivatsa Katta <vatsa.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP component throwing IllegalArgumentException in M3 release.
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:30:37 GMT

Hi,

Was debugging through this issue, and below are my observations.

Lets say I am using this url (http://localhost:6666/customers/accounts) from
the client to post

1. In HttpProducer class when I inspected the Camel Exchange In Headers,
noticed both CamelHttpUri and CamelHttpPath headers having the same value.
eg: /customers/accounts

And in the  protected HttpMethod createMethod(Exchange exchange) an uri is
being constructed by concatenating CamelHttpUri  +  CamelHttpPath,  which
means in this example uri becomes /customers/accounts/customers/accounts and
this same uri is being used to construct
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethod which of course is not constructed
with the right uri and hence fields like host and all in the HttpMethod
object is not set properly, I suspect this could be the problem.

Wouldn't the camel header (CamelHttpUri ) in the exchange should have been
ideally set to http://localhost:6666, which would have resulted in the right
uri being constructed.

But wasn't sure where these camel headers are being set in the exchanges.

Does it makes any sense to any of the camel contributors ??

Cheers!!
Katta