camel-users mailing list archives

From Srivatsa Katta <vatsa.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject HTTP Status code propogation from HttpComponent
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 07:10:36 GMT

Hi,

We have a scenario where we just have to intercept the calls between a http
server and the client.

So the route we have configured looks like this.

from("jetty:http://localhost:6666?matchOnUriPrefix=true").to("http://localhost:8899");

from("jetty:http://localhost:8899?matchOnUriPrefix=true").to("cxfbean:customerCXFService");

The client uses the jetty:http://localhost:6666 for any requests, we have to
intercept and the redirect the request to an other http server which is
jetty:http://localhost:8899, this application is kind of becoming a proxy
for an other web server.

The problem we have is, when the actual cxf service returns http status
codes like (200, 301, 404..) the same codes are not propagated back to the
original client. Bud did notice this behaviour, it propagates back all the
status codes with 2xx but for all other status codes it just returns http
status code as 500.

Is it a problem with http component ? or is it the expected behaviour of
http component. If so how do we get around this problem ?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers!!
Katta