camel-users mailing list archives

From Ashwin Karpe <aska...@progress.com>
Subject Re: anyone have AMQ VirtualTopic's working in Camel Test?
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 18:20:40 GMT

Hi,

Do you have the rule for the virtual topic setup on the broker. I wonder if
this is the issue. This suspiciously sounds like the case. The virtual
queue/topic is like any other queue or topic from a broker perspective and
only gets interpreted when a payload arrive with the destination name set to
a virtual queue/topic.

If a rule is not found the destination name is treated as a normal/real
queue into which the message is dropped which is why your consumer seems to
get the message when it listens on the queue.

You may want to add a virtual topic rule to the Actiemq broker being used
using activemq.xml

Mick Knutson-3 wrote:

> from the AMQ list, they suggested I use this JUnit test as an example:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/virtual/VirtualTopicPubSubTest.java
>
> In the above test, the Producer sends a message to the VirtualTopic and 2
> Consumers get this message in individual Durable Queue's.
>
> When I created this, I publish to:
>
> activemq:VirtualTopic.TEST
>
> and then I Consume on:
>
> activemq:Consumer.A.VirtualTopic.TEST
>

> But nothing arrives to my Client. When I change my client to listen on
>
> activemq:VirtualTopic.TEST
>

> The messages are Consumed by the client. This is not what I want. Does
> anyone have a working Camel AMQ VirtualTopic JUnit Test that can help me
> out
> please?
>
> ---
> Thank You…
>
> Mick Knutson, President
>
> BASE Logic, Inc.
> Enterprise Architecture, Design, Mentoring & Agile Consulting
> p. (866) BLiNC-411: (254-6241-1)
> f. (415) 685-4233
>
> Website: http://baselogic.com
> Linked IN: http://linkedin.com/in/mickknutson
> Vacation Rental: http://tahoe.baselogic.com
> ---

-----
---
Ashwin Karpe, Principal Consultant, PS - Opensource Center of Competence
Progress Software Corporation
14 Oak Park Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
---