camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Routes JMX attributes not updated in 2.0-M2
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:34:02 GMT
On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 6:35 PM, msjwhite<marksjwhite@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Confirmed JMX Attributes for routes are now being updated when messages flow
> in 2.0-SNAPSHOT.
Great

> The timestamps for last valid and failed messages and the message count are
> correct.
Also great

> But I have a query about the processing times being reported - they cannot
> be the combined process time of all the processors or the time the message
> is in the route (I have processors in my route that take >200ms, but the
> route is still saying a <1ms processing time).
>
> What are the route processing times based on?
There are no real "processor" that hits to instrument a route so the
timing reported
would be the "total" time it took to route that exchange in this route.

So the timing is e.g. from the first processor.

Anyway the JMX stuff is slated for overhaul in Camel 2.1 so we will
have a 2nd change to address it there properly.