camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Felix Karaf must be restarted to remove lock on a file consumed in a camel route
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 14:33:17 GMT
On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Charles Moulliard<cmoulliard@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If for any reason, the message (= file) consumed from a File endpoint cannot
> be processed (e.g transaction not committed from a bean), than the lock on
> the file is not removed even if I stop the bundle and Apache Karaf must be
> restarted to remove/delete the lock
When it cannot be processed it is supposed to rollback in Camel as
well, so it can release locks.

What is the situation when it cannot be processed? Is it hanging forever?
Maybe you can dig out a log.

And the locked file is it the .camelLock file? I assume its that one.
We could avoid using java io locks on these then you should be able to
delete them with no problem.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer