camel-users mailing list archives

From Jon Anstey <jans...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Velocity component use of org.apache.camel.velocity.resourceUri header
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:28:19 GMT
Yeah, you kinda have to read it a few times to catch that :) I've updated
the docs to be a bit more explicit.

If you want to extend VelocityEndpoint to reload templates most of the work
is already done in the onExchange method (it already creates a new velocity
context every time). Though, if you have the contentCache option enabled you
would need to ensure that the buffer in ResourceBasedEndpoint gets
cleared/reloaded with your new template.

Also I've put up a unit test of spinning up new velocity endpoints
dynamically (via a custom bean as I mentioned before) if you'd like to use
that instead
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-velocity/src/test/java/org/apache/camel/component/velocity/VelocityDynamicTemplateTest.java

Let us know how you fare.

Cheers,