camel-users mailing list archives

From Ashwin Karpe <aska...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Can I have a selective consumer for a Pub-Sub pattern?
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:43:15 GMT

Hi,

The way to do this is to define more topics applying the following rules.
      a. A general topic to which all subscribers are subscribed
      b. A bunch of specialized topics directed at a group of selective
subscribers.
      c. You then define a virtual topic in ActiveMQ to which the clients
send messages. The virtual topic has rules defined that then selectively
direct payloads to the appropriate topics mentioned above.

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers,

Ashwin...

Mick Knutson-3 wrote:

> I want to publish messages to a group of subscribers. These messages will
> go
> so some of the consumers, but not all of them.
>
> ---
> Thank You…
>
> Mick Knutson, President
>
> BASE Logic, Inc.
> Enterprise Architecture, Design, Mentoring & Agile Consulting
> p. (866) BLiNC-411: (254-6241-1)
> f. (415) 685-4233
>
> Website: http://baselogic.com
> Linked IN: http://linkedin.com/in/mickknutson
> Vacation Rental: http://tahoe.baselogic.com
> ---

-----
---
Ashwin Karpe, Principal Consultant, PS - Opensource Center of Competence
Progress Software Corporation
14 Oak Park Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
---