camel-users mailing list archives

From Gert Vanthienen <>
Subject Re: ContextTestSupport version for camel-scala
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 08:53:36 GMT

We don't package a camel-scala test jar, but you can use Scala to
build your unit tests in combination with the camel-core test jar.
Just create a Camel unit test that extends the normal Camel
ContextTestSupport class and add the Scala DSL's RouteBuilderSupport

We use this technique in our own unit tests.  An example can be found
 The OnCompletionWhenTest is a plain CamelTestSupport based unit test
class and the trait is mixed in so we can use a Scala RouteBuilder.

Gert Vanthienen
Open Source SOA:

2009/6/10 Claus Ibsen <>:
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 5:02 PM, hans couder<> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm using for my camel project the Scala DSL and would like to create some
>> routes for testing in scala.
>> Is there a scala version of CamelTestSupport or the camel-test module?
> Not that I know of. As they are pure Java you should be able to use it
> seamless from Scala.
> What are you looking for by a Scala version?
>> Thx and regards,
>> Hans Couder
> --
> Claus Ibsen