camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Reload routs without restarting server?
Date Sat, 27 Jun 2009 06:46:37 GMT
On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 12:53 AM, falcon<> wrote:
> As far as I can tell, xml rules can't be reloaded dynamically.  I thought of
> writing some code myself to update the routes by it looks like the API
> doesn't expose the right methods.  RouteBuilder's populateRoutes and
> addRoutes are not public.  Even if they were, I didn't see any
> 'removeRoutes' method.  Even if that existed, in a running system, removing
> old routes and adding new ones would have to be an atomic operation.
No its definitely not an atomic operation. Nor will it be easily
possible to do so.

What version are you using?

Have you looked at camel-web it has a REST API for modifying routes at runtime.

Its still work in progress but its possible to edit a route at runtime
from a web page.
There is a .war file to demo this.

> Any idea how I can do this?
We have thought of leaving this to the container. For instance let an
OSGi container reload your bundle.