camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Using Camel with existing ActiveMQ server
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:37:51 GMT
On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 5:39 PM, buzzterrier <> wrote:

> Hello,
> We have an existing ActiveMQ service running on a dedicated server. I am
> having trouble figuring out how to integrate my Camel service with the
> existing ActiveMQ service. Do we have to now start the ActiveMQ service
> using the Camel Maven or Ant scripts? Will existing non-camel consumers be
> effected by the Camel integration?

See this FAQ about AMQ and Camel

AMQ comes already with Camel integrated out of the box. So you should be
ready to go.

Only when you use some of the special Camel components such as XMPP then you
need to add more .jars to the lib folder of AMQ
as you need the Smack API for doing XMPP.

But for the core components such as file, jms you should be ready to go.

Camel is *not* a server, there are no start/stop scripts or the likes with
Camel is usually embedded into existing server infrastructure such as AMQ,
Tomcat, WebSphere, OSGi container and what else.