camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel Mail: Alternate body is included twice
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:07:09 GMT
Hi

Thanks for reporting.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Jörn Kottmann<kottmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the camel mail component has a feature to send a mail
> in text/plain and text/html. To do that the text/html content
> is placed in the message body, the text/plain content
> in the header mail_alternateBody (camel 1.6.1) and the message is
> send via smtp with the content type set to text/html.
>
> The message is displayed as expected in a mail reader
> but contains also the mail_alternateBody header field with
> the text/plain part, which means that the text/plain part
> is included twice in the mail once mime encoded and once in
> the mail header.
>
> Is there a way to remove the mail_alternateBody header ?
Ah that is a pita. Does the mail reader really do this, as
mail_alternateBody is a Camel constant and as far as I know not a well
known
email header.

I am afraid you cannot easily remove this header as you want to use it
to provide the alternative mail? And its needed in Camel 1.6.1
to generate the alternative mail.

But it would be cool if you would like to download the source, fix the
issue by removing the mail_alternativeBody header and recompile and
build a camel-mail-1.6.x.jar you can use to test with. And report back
your findings.

And you could then submit a patch so we can get it fixed in the Apache
code as well.

Here is a link how to build the camel code
http://camel.apache.org/building.html

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer