camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question On Dynamic Integration Pattern
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 04:22:19 GMT
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 12:28 AM, Carlo Camerino<cmcamerino@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that what I was looking for is present in Camel 2.0 which is
> the failover feature. I have a question though,
> Can I support failover and at the same time make it round robin? If
> one node is not functioning then I will no longer use that node.
Hi

There is a ticket in JIRA about ideas for improvments to the failover
load balancer.
We have thoughts of master/slave and having pluggable/selective
strategies for determine which slave to select etc.

So we are looking for use-cases and descriptions what you need. Please
feel free to add to this ticket.

But remember you can always extend or write your own logic as a Processor.
MyOwnLoadBalancer lb = new MyOwnLoadBalancer()
lb.addMaster("xxxx");
lb.addSlave("yyyy");
lb.addSlave("zzz");
lb.setSelection(RoundRobin);

And use .process(lb) in your route.

> Thanks
>
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 6:21 AM, Carlo Camerino <cmcamerino@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi There,
>> I have a situation in which I need to connect to two different hosts. I need to be
able to switch at runtime to a different host when one host goes down.
>> What enterprise integration pattern should I use here? I don't know if I should use
Dynamic Routing Or Load Balancing for this one.
>> The message could only go to one place at a time. As long as the first one is up
then I would have to go to it. But when it goes down, my application automatically needs to
fall back to the other host system.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer