camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help on using ReplyTo jms option
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 08:56:55 GMT
Hi

JMSReplyTo is a feature in JMS so you can also google and read about
it in general.

It is used to specify a destination name in which a receiver can send
back a reply to the original sender.
As JMS is async you kinda like the regular postal service have to
write a postal adr. the receiver can send a letter back to.

ActiveMQ supports creating temporary queues on the fly if you do a
request/response message in Camel.
Then Camel will set a JMSReplyTo automatic and wait for the response.

So you only use it if you for instance have a static reply queue you
want to use a reply destination.

You can look at the Camel JMS documentation at:
http://camel.apache.org/jms.html