camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <>
Subject Re: Using Camel with existing ActiveMQ server
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 00:26:45 GMT

You don't need to start the Broker with Camel, if you have already has
an ActiveMQ service running there.

You just need to update the JMS component's connection factory's broker URL.

<bean id="jms" class="org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsComponent">
       <property name="connectionFactory">
               <property name="brokerURL" value="*Your ActiveMQ Broker
URL* (eg. tcp://localhost:61616)"/>

buzzterrier wrote:
> Hello,
> We have an existing ActiveMQ service running on a dedicated server. I am
> having trouble figuring out how to integrate my Camel service with the
> existing ActiveMQ service. Do we have to now start the ActiveMQ service
> using the Camel Maven or Ant scripts? Will existing non-camel consumers be
> effected by the Camel integration?
> -----
> Buzzterrier
> View my blog: Ordinary Average Developer...

View raw message