camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <>
Subject Re: Question On Dynamic Integration Pattern
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 02:40:12 GMT
You found the answer yourself.
For the failover support of the round robin, maybe we can add a flag in
the processor to tell if we need to skip that loadbalancer node when the
node is not functioning.

But according your requirement, you may need to use the failover feature :)

Carlo Camerino wrote:
> It seems that what I was looking for is present in Camel 2.0 which is
> the failover feature. I have a question though,
> Can I support failover and at the same time make it round robin? If
> one node is not functioning then I will no longer use that node.
> Thanks
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 6:21 AM, Carlo Camerino <> wrote:
>> Hi There,
>> I have a situation in which I need to connect to two different hosts. I need to be
able to switch at runtime to a different host when one host goes down.
>> What enterprise integration pattern should I use here? I don't know if I should use
Dynamic Routing Or Load Balancing for this one.
>> The message could only go to one place at a time. As long as the first one is up
then I would have to go to it. But when it goes down, my application automatically needs to
fall back to the other host system.
>> In what way can I do this via Apache Camel .
>> Thanks!!!
>> Carlo

View raw message