camel-users mailing list archives

From Carlo Camerino <cmcamer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question On Dynamic Integration Pattern
Date Sun, 14 Jun 2009 22:28:49 GMT
It seems that what I was looking for is present in Camel 2.0 which is
the failover feature. I have a question though,
Can I support failover and at the same time make it round robin? If
one node is not functioning then I will no longer use that node.

Thanks

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 6:21 AM, Carlo Camerino <cmcamerino@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi There,
> I have a situation in which I need to connect to two different hosts. I need to be able
to switch at runtime to a different host when one host goes down.
> What enterprise integration pattern should I use here? I don't know if I should use Dynamic
Routing Or Load Balancing for this one.
> The message could only go to one place at a time. As long as the first one is up then
I would have to go to it. But when it goes down, my application automatically needs to fall
back to the other host system.