camel-users mailing list archives

From chu_man_fu <...@bytron.com>
Subject JBoss + ActiveMQ + Camel + Newbie
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:36:45 GMT

Hello forum,

I am a newbie to ActiveMQ and Camel and I have a few questions which I am
unable to fathom out myself.
Firstly I will explain what I am trying to achieve. I need to create a
messaging system over internet protocols. The messages need to be filtered
based on content and sent to the appropiate Queue/Topic.
I want to use ActiveMQ as my messaging provider and Camel to do the
filtering/re-routing etc... All this then needs to sit in JBoss. A client
application will connect to the Queues/Topics and download the messages. In
time this will also need to send messages back to the server.
I have ActiveMQ installed in JBoss 4.2.2.GA and it works fine.
How do I get intergrate Camel into it? I understand that this is already
included in ActiveMQ but I can't see how to control Camel routing. I created
an MBean to sit in JBoss and configure a simple routing based on some
example code from the fuse project. I have noticed that this uses
CamelContext.start(). I don't want the MBean to do this, I want JBoss to
start this up. When this is called I get multiple exception messages, one of
which is:

Failed to start ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker. Reason:
javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException:

JBoss has already started ActiveMQ! I never wanted Camel to start it also.

Is there a way of attaching Camel to the current ActiveMQ broker?

I appologies if this is confusing, like I say I am a newbie and maybe
barking up the wrong tree.

Best Regards
Chris Mitchell