camel-users mailing list archives

From Tim83 <>
Subject Re: Strange behaviour with camel and JMS queues
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:40:27 GMT

Hi Claus,

Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:
> I have newer seen a OutIn pattern before?
> Are you sure its not InOut?
> You could try with a simpler route, eg without all the processing to
> see if it works with
>  a simple
> from(jms)->to(jms)
> Maybe something happens during the processing that breaks something.
> By default a JMS consumer is InOnly if the JMSReplyTo message it
> consumes is empty/null.
> So the InOnly should not be needed. But maybe your processing code
> changes the pattern from InOnly to something else.

I'll let you know once I've done additional testing, but it does print out
OutIn in my console?!

Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:
>> Second issue relates to the number of consumers started by camel
>> When upgrading from camel 1.6 to camel 1.6.1 I noticed that all of a
>> sudden
>> I had 2 consumers for each JMS queue despite the fact that I do specify
>> that
>> I only want one consumer???
>>        <bean id="jmsConfig"
>> class="org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsConfiguration">
>>            <property name="connectionFactory" ref="jmsFactory"/>
>>            <property name="transactionManager"
>> ref="jmsTransactionManager"/>
>>            <property name="transacted" value="true"/>
>>            <property name="concurrentConsumers" value="1"/>
>>        </bean>
>> Any idea what causing this strange behavior?
>> And does anybody know how to fix these issues?
> You are the first to report something about having multiple consumers.
> Maybe you route is being loaded twice?
I think you are correct it seems to the camel routes twice, actually I think
the camel context is loaded twice.  See logging below.
Do you need an example project for this? or is it a known issue?

16/06/2009 11:24:34 org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext start
INFO: Apache Camel  (CamelContext:camel) started
16/06/2009 11:24:34 org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader
INFO: Root WebApplicationContext: initialization completed in 8181 ms
16/06/2009 11:24:34 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Initializing Spring FrameworkServlet 'spring'
16/06/2009 11:24:34 org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet
INFO: FrameworkServlet 'spring': initialization started
16/06/2009 11:24:34
INFO: Refreshing
display name [WebApplicationContext for namespace 'spring-servlet']; startup
date [Tue Jun 16 11:24:34 CEST 2009]; parent:
16/06/2009 11:24:34
INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from ServletContext resource
16/06/2009 11:24:34
INFO: Bean factory for application context
16/06/2009 11:24:34
INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in
defining beans []; parent: