camel-users mailing list archives

From dcheckoway <dchecko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to control transactions when already in a transaction
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2009 21:09:46 GMT

I finally got it t work as expected, but here was the deal...

  <bean id="jmsTransactionManager"
        class="org.springframework.jms.connection.JmsTransactionManager">
    <property name="connectionFactory" ref="jmsConnectionFactory" />
  </bean>

  <bean id="jmsConfig"
        class="org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsConfiguration">
    <property name="connectionFactory" ref="jmsConnectionFactory"/>
    <property name="transactionManager" ref="jmsTransactionManager"/>
    <property name="transacted" value="true"/>
  </bean>

  <bean id="activemq"
        class="org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQComponent">
    <property name="configuration" ref="jmsConfig"/>
  </bean>

If I removed the "transacted=true" from the activemq component's jmsConfig
(or set it to false), then it works as expected.  Messages are queued as
they are "sent".

But maybe somebody can help explain to me what the difference is.  Does that
mean all of my sends are no longer transactional?  Are transactional sends
even important?  I'm struggling to wrap my head around why I would or
wouldn't want sends to be transactional.