camel-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gert Vanthienen <gert.vanthie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JBI In-Only Exchange Never Completes
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 23:45:32 GMT
L.S.,

No offense taken at all -- looks like I have to apologize if my first
response sounded a bit too defensive ;).

Anyway, if this thing locks up, we need to find out why and either fix
or document it.  While running this route, do you see any exceptions
at all appearing in the log file?  Just for testing purposes, could
you try removing the seda queues or replace them with direct:
endpoints to see if this is somehow caused by the additional threading
that happens in there?

What would really help in troubleshooting this issue is a thread dump?
 You can find some information on creating one in
http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Programming/Stacktrace/.

Thanks and apologies once again,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com
Blog: http://gertvanthienen.blogspot.com/



2009/5/27 Bob Pollack <robert_h_pollack@yahoo.com>:
>
> Dear Mr. Vanthienen,
>
> I appreciate your prompt attention to this problem, and I apologize for my
> suggestion that the in-only logic was simply not implemented. I have spent
> the entire day crawling around the code and I see that this logic is very
> much in place.
>
> Right now, I believe that my problem was due to the incorrect use of a
> splitter. The logic I had was something like this:
>
>      from ("jbi:...") // the service I'm offering
>         .inOnly ("seda:packetQueue")
>         ;
>
>      from ("seda:packetQueue")
>         .to ("xslt:transform1.xslt")
>         .splitter (xpath1)
>         .inOnly ("seda:mbQueue")
>         ;
>
>      from ("seda:mbQueue")
>         .inOnly (jbi: ...") // the service I'm calling
>         ;
>
> When my transformed message has three parts, everything just locks up. When
> I tested with a message that only has one part, everything works fine.  I
> will be trying to figure out what I did wrong and how I can correct it--and
> I invite your comment on what is wrong with my splitter logic, but only if
> you have the time and inclination.
>
> In the meantime, I apologize again for my diagnosis that something was
> broken in the JBI in-only logic. When I figure out what the splitter problem
> is, I will post my solution to this forum to help other people that may have
> a similar problem.
>
> Thanks again.
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/JBI-In-Only-Exchange-Never-Completes-tp23732734p23751497.html
> Sent from the Camel - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>

Mime
View raw message