camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SEDA Component Exception: No producer, this processor has not been started!
Date Sat, 23 May 2009 14:25:02 GMT
On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 4:14 PM, ariekenb <aaron.j.riekenberg@lmco.com> wrote:

> Hi Claus -
>
> Consumer.java: http://pastebin.com/f4d1425bf
> Producer.java: http://pastebin.com/fa83d285
> camel.xml: http://pastebin.com/f4d1425bf
>

> I am running this in an OSGi bundle in FUSE ESB 4.  Running this inside FUSE
> ESB 4.0.0.4 (Camel 1.5.4.0-fuse) I am able to make the "No producer, this
> processor has not been started" exception happen just after my bundle is
> deployed.  The exception does not happen every time, but it does occur
> frequently.
>
> I just tried upgrading to FUSE ESB 4.1.0.0 (Camel 1.6.0.0-fuse) and it seems
> I am no longer able to make the exception happen with this version so far.
> Looking at the release notes I am not certain which change would fix this
> problem, but I guess I am happy it seems to work reliably now. :)
Hi

Ah great yeah I think I know why. How the consumer is started in the
SEDA endpoint have been changed to better leverage the JDK Concurrent
API with its ExecutorService API.

You can see the code difference in the links below:

1.5.0:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-1.5.0/camel-core/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/seda/SedaConsumer.java

1.6.1 (aka FUSE MR 1.6.0):
 https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-1.6.1/camel-core/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/seda/SedaConsumer.java