camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can we handle and respond to SMTP Server errors/failures in mail component
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 16:32:44 GMT
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 6:59 AM, rohitbrai <rohitbrai@gmail.com> wrote:

> My quest to build the mail delivery system using camel is in the last mile. I
> want to implement delivery retries.
>
> The scenario is -
> The mail component tries to send a mail and couldn't cause either the SMTP
> server was down/rejected connection/quota there was over. So when the mailer
> gets this error, I want a failover mechanism where we start using another
> SMTP server/the messages from then on are sent to another endpoint
> interacting with a different SMTP server.

Hi

Another topic recently camel up here about that. Try to see if you can find it.

Basically something like the failover load balancer can do the trick.
http://camel.apache.org/load-balancer.html

But its new in Camel 2.0. But the thread that I mentioned shows how
you can do build you own in Camel 1.x

But any feedback to what kind of failvover features you would like to
have is of course appreciated.
As its a bit simple now. We want to improve it for master/slave,
algorithm to pick the retry endpoint and whatelse can be there.