camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Looking for quartz Job examples.
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 16:06:21 GMT
On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Eric Bouer <> wrote:
> Hello List.
> I'm new to camel and I looked over the Quartz  component page in the
> documentation.
> I couldn't find any usefull example for using quartz jobs.
> I can see that I'm able to set in the URI but
> I don't see where and how I can specify a job itself to a trigger.
> Are there any examples I should look for or some more camel-quartz
> documentation ?

If the wiki documentation isnt helpful then a good idea is to check
the unit test code for the component.
It often shows how to use it.

Sorry for the community not being faster with replies lately. For me
personally I have had a 3 days internet outage.
My ISP is still failing with the internet, so I had to upgrade my
mobile phone to allow it as a gateway for my laptop.
So I just got back on the web an hour ago.

Basically the camel-quartz is able to trigger a route based on
scheduling. Usually quartz brings value over the regular java timer is
that it have the CRON expression notation. So that is basically what
it does.

> Thanks.
> Eric.

Claus Ibsen