camel-users mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <>
Subject ActiveMQ durable subscriber blocks
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 11:29:31 GMT

I am running a camel route which consumes messages
with a durable subscriber from an ActiveMQ topic
in an OSGi server. The route is like I described it in my last post
When the OSGi server is restarted it happens once in
a while that the route does not receive anymore messages despite the fact
that the topic is receiving new messages and the Pending Queue Size is
10.000 messages.  The topic has a second durable subscriber which still
I checked the trace.log of the route but could not see any errors/warnings.
If the blocking occurs once it does not go away when the OSGi server is
restarted .
The only thing which seems to help is to delete the durable subscriber
in the ActiveMQ web interface
and recreate it.

I also noticed that an undeploy of a route with a durable subscriber
does not unregisters
the durable subscriber, which means to update a route I have to delete
it, restart the OSGi server
and deploy the updated route.

View raw message