camel-users mailing list archives

From Eric LeVin <ejlevin1....@gmail.com>
Subject Complex Aggregation Question
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 20:52:41 GMT
Hi Everyone,
     OK so I have somewhat of a complicated question.  I am trying to
develop an aggregation strategy for a spring remoting pipe within
camel.  Here is the flow:

Request: direct:request -> activemq:topic -> (process)
Response: (process)  -> activemq:topic -> (do custom aggregation) ->
direct:request

**The request/response is happening in an InOut Pattern**

Ok, so the first question is related to aggregation in an InOut
pattern.  How you you define this within the camel DSL?  Normally I
would expect an InOut pattern to look like a simple from().to(), but I'm
not sure how this works with aggregation.

The next question is related to how aggregation should work.  I guess
its not as much of a matter of what to look for in the aggregation, as
much as how from an Exchange I can invoke a spring-remoting call on an
object that implements the same interface, as well as return the
exchange with the proper spring remoting response.  For example, if I
have an interface that defines the method List<Long> getResults(), in
the aggregator strategy, I could have a class that will take these
If this is not possible--would it be possible to take the
spring-remoting call on the processor response side, convert it into
something like an xml document, combine those documents, and then
convert it into the appropriate List<Long> spring remoting object before
the call completes.

I know this probably seems somewhat strange, but I am trying to get
camel to help me solve some distributed computing problems I'm facing,
and I thought this would be a cool solution.