camel-users mailing list archives

From harinair <har...@hotmail.com>
Subject Unsafe Headers present in HTTP Component
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 23:21:13 GMT

Hi All:

I use Camel to post messages to an external vendor's HTTP server using the
HTTP Producer. Recently some we found that our messages are not being
accepted by Microsoft IIS server. When we looked closely we found that a
bunch of headers probably generated by Sun MQ is there in the message. These
headers had names like Java method names like getName() - yes even with the
parenthesis. IIS considers the headers with parenthesis as unsafe and
rejects the whole message with a 400 Bad request.

So I modified the process just before the recepientList (see the route at
the end of my message: bean name securityHeaderGenerator) to remove the
headers with parenthesis in the name. To my astonishment I found that those
unsafe headers that finally ended up in the stream were not present in the
Message! So where did the following headers come from? Is it part of a
object serialization?

getname() : DeliveryChannel0Q
getversion() : 3.0
isreadonly() : false
getproperties() : {imqDestinationName=DeliveryChannel0Q,
imqDestinationDescription=A Description for the Destination Object}

        <route errorHandlerRef="dataPushErrorHandler">
            <from ref="routerDeliveryChannelAQueue" />
            <process ref="securityHeaderGenerator" />
            <to ref="routerLogDefault" />
            <recipientList>
                <xpath resultType="java.lang.String">$routerRoute</xpath>
            </recipientList>
            <to uri="bean:responseVerificationProcessor?method=process" />
        </route>