camel-users mailing list archives

From harinair <har...@hotmail.com>
Subject Camel stuck periodicallly - HTTP timeout issue
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 19:49:50 GMT

I am using Camel to send messages from a Queue to external vendors. The
protocol can be FTP/SFTP/HTTP or HTTPS. However sometimes the queue starts
filling up which means that the messages are not getting drained. My feeling
is the connection to a particular external vendor is stuck because the
timeout is not properly set. My DSL is similar to:
    <bean id="dataPushErrorHandler"
class="org.apache.camel.builder.DeadLetterChannelBuilder">
        <property name="defaultDeadLetterEndpointUri"
value="seda:routerDeliveryAttempt1Queue" />
        <property name="redeliveryPolicy" ref="dataPushRedeliveryPolicy" />
    </bean>

        <!-- Deliver the Live Data Push - Channel A data -->
        <route errorHandlerRef="dataPushErrorHandler">
            <from ref="routerDeliveryChannelAQueue" />
            <process ref="securityHeaderGenerator" />
            <to ref="routerLogDefault" />
            <recipientList>
                <xpath resultType="java.lang.String">$routerRoute</xpath>
            </recipientList>
            <to uri="bean:responseVerificationProcessor?method=process" />
        </route>

Now my questions is - is there any easy global parameter to set the timeout
for all network operations done by Camel? If there is not is there any way I
can set timeout for FTP/SFTP/HTTP modules? Is it a good idea to add a global
timeout or to use sun.net.client.defaultConnectTimeout and
sun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout?

Hari Gangadharan