camel-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Trenaman <trena...@progress.com>
Subject Re: "Can not delete file" when combining file poller and JMS
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 14:54:33 GMT
Hi Bruno, Marek,

Yeah, I encountered someting similar with Camel 1.5.4.0-fuse on
Windows: if you convertBodyTo(String.class) after the from("file:...")
then it should be ok.

/Ade
On 8 Apr 2009, at 15:50, bruno.borges@gmail.com wrote:

> Have you tried to put a direct:endpoint in the middle, between
> file:* and jms:* ?
>
> Before routing to direct:, convert body to String. Then you route
> from("direct:endpoint").to("jms:queue")
>
> Maybe this works.
>
> Cheers,
> Bruno Borges
>
> On Apr 8, 2009 11:39am, Marek2009 <Marek.Vaclavik@icw.de> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>

>> I have encountered an issue when combining file poller and JMS
>> queue in one
>
>> route. If the poller is set to "noop=no" and tries to either delete
>> or move
>
>> the files, it fails every now and then (say, every 5th to 10th
>> file). For
>
>> instance, with "noop=no&delete=yes" on a Windows machine the
>> exception
>
>> thrown is: "2009-03-27T17:13:59,781 [Thread: 1
>
>> org.apache.camel.component.file.FileComponent@1af5350] WARN -
>
>> component.file.FileConsumer | Error committing file strategy:
>
>> org
>> .apache
>> .camel.component.file.strategy.DeleteFileProcessStrategy@10c81a6
>
>> java.io.IOException: Can not delete file: .\data\pxsa\transfer\in
>> \file.txt"
>

>> Apparently, the issue has been discussed in in various Camel forums:
>
>> - http://osdir.com/ml/users-camel-apache/2009-02/msg00119.html
>
>> - http://osdir.com/ml/users-camel-apache/2009-02/msg00123.html
>
>> -
>
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/camel-users/200902.mbox/%3C5380c69c0902130209l679c3ab0j641036484ee14875@mail.gmail.com%3E
>
>> - http://cwiki.apache.org/SM/discussion-forums.html#nabble-p21504030
>

>> Unfortunately, none of the solutions suggested there (using
>> delete=true,
>
>> converting body to string) worked for us 100%. Adding a delay
>> reduced the
>
>> occurence of the exception, though. Setting
>
>> "consumer.exclusiveReadLock=false" is no option for us, as we want to
>
>> prevent incomplete files from being read.
>

>> Removing the JMS endpoint from the route in our application
>> prevents the
>
>> error, which indicates that the cause is connected to JMS. This is
>> also our
>
>> workaround at the moment.
>

>> I wonder whether
>
>> a) the problem is familiar to somebody?
>
>> b) there is a "trick", an endpoint setting or an addition to the
>> route, that
>
>> reliably eliminates the problem?
>

>> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>

>> Kind Regards
>
>> Marek
>

>> --

---
Adrian Trenaman, Consultant Fellow, PS - Opensource Center of Competence
Progress Software Corp
Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4, Ireland
---
+353-1-637-2659 (Office)