camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JPA component in a JEE5 environment
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 12:12:15 GMT
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 2:01 PM, Frank Schwarz <fs5@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi Claus,
>
> thank you for your resourceful remarks.
>
> I am now facing a new problem. The JPA component creates a
> org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager on its own - which
> conflicts quite badly with the JTA environment of an EJB container. Is there
> any built-in facility to a more declarative transaction handling here? A
> RFE?

Yeah a quick glimpse on the camel-jpa code looks like we need a few
more options on the JpaComponent to set a PlatformTransactionManager
to use.
And apparently there is a
org.apache.camel.component.jpa.TransactionStrategy in the loop as
well.

And it should work with the existing transaction we have in
camel-spring, with the new transaced() DSL keyword.

So please feel free to create a ticket in JIRA, as we need to improve camel-jpa.