camel-users mailing list archives

From tmi <miel...@web.de>
Subject Re: Aggregator batchTimeout
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:12:12 GMT

Frank Schwarz wrote:

> So, essentially the aggregator waits the specified batchTimeout
> milliseconds, aggregates whatever it finds on the queue and then waits for
> the next round.

It aggregates all messages that it has received until the timeout elapses.
The messages are not on any queue anymore.

Frank Schwarz wrote:

> This is not quite what I was expecting - or to put it differently: Is
> there a way to aggregate messages that vary considerable in their arriving
> times?

Sure, you can specify a batchSize parameter instead of the batchTimeout. See
http://camel.apache.org/aggregator.html. You can also define your own
aggregation strategy and completedPredicate as explained in the Camel docs
and the blog mentioned previously:
http://tmielke.blogspot.com/2009/01/using-camel-aggregator-correctly.html.