camel-users mailing list archives

From James Strachan <>
Subject Re: Lingo Style Async Request Reply
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:17:09 GMT
2009/3/10 Scott Clasen <>:
> Are there plans to support Lingo style async request-reply in any upcoming
> release of Camel?
> From some older posts it looks like there may have been a plan to get it in
> eventually but this dosent seem to be in 1.6.0.

Ultimately yes.

Camel already supports asynchronous method invocations using
annotations to denote operations which are one-way async method calls
using the @InOnly annotation - see this page for more details...

the missing piece of the functionality that Lingo supports is being
able to deal with conversation lifecycles and using smart proxies for
passing listener parameters to methods; we don't yet support such a
thing. For example if you wanted to register a listener to events on a
remote server and be invoked back with events until the listener is

However to purely invoke a service asynchronously, that works fine now

Open Source Integration

View raw message