camel-users mailing list archives

From Gert Vanthienen <gert.vanthie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What If JBI sendSync() Never Returns?
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:11:43 GMT
L.S.,

When sending a JBI MessageExchange to another JBI endpoint from Camel,
the servicemix-camel component will the same messaging style as is
used in the Camel route.  If your Camel route contains e.g. a seda:
endpoint, Camel will start using async messaging and it will also use
an async JBI MessageExchange to communicate with the JBI NMR.  This
still doesn't handle the use case where the service fails to respond
at all (although it will usually not hang, it's far more likely to
return an Error status).

However, your suggestion for improving the Camel component to allow
sync messaging with a message timeout is a very interesting one, so
we'd really appreciate a JIRA issue for it at
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMXCOMP.  Since you
obviously know your way around the source code, don't hesitate to try
doing a patch -- just let us know if you need any help...

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com