camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Jaxb Encoding
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:24:56 GMT

You want the XML outputted to write encodoing="iso-8859-1" in the XML
Try checking the JAXB API how to set the encoding. That will help us.

You can set a Exchange property with the encoding, however not all
components/dataformats know this one.

There is a constant on Exchange.CHARSET_NAME you can set to the encoding name.

You can do this in your route
from...setProperty(Exchange.CHARSET_NAME, "iso-8859-1").marshal...

There is a Spring XML tag for it as well.

Maybe the JAXB data format already know it. I cant remember.
But checking how to set the encoding in JAXB is the key.