camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: configuring mail endpoint
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 12:50:29 GMT
On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 1:30 PM, siva naresh <vssnaresh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please see the following code snippet..
>
> Endpoint smtpEndPoint = context
>                                .getEndpoint("smtp://username@smtp.gmail.com:25?password=password");
>
>    try {
>              producer = smtpEndPoint .createProducer();
>              Exchange ex = producer.createExchange();
>              ex.getIn().setBody("hello");
>               producer.process(ex);
>      } catch (Exception e) {
>                        e.printStackTrace();
>     }
>
> throws
> com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS
> command first. 6sm5357658qwd.33
>

> I figured out that I need to set the following property
> mail.smtp.starttls.enable=true for the above exception.
>
> how do I do set the above property using URI or is there any workaround?
In Camel 2.0 you just add it as an URI option. In Came 1.x you can not do this.

But since you use java code you can case the endpoint to MailEndpoint.
And there should be a getter for mail properties or what its named.
And there you should be able to add/set properties.

MailEndpoint -> MailConfiguration -> AdditionalJavaMailProperties

Or you can add it is a system property and Camel will use it also.