camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <>
Subject Re: Deploying same camelContext.xml in and out of OSGi
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 02:50:50 GMT

After doing some tests on the trunk version of servicemix4, I found the
osgi example work perfectly with the camel-spring target namespace.
I checked the osgi bundles , and found that it just a simple change
which was made by Guillaume.

He just let the kernel to load camel-osgi bundle before camel-spring
bundle, so camel-spring spring handle will detect the
CamelContextFactoryBean of osgi version first when it is loaded.
Boom, what a sample and effect way to resolved the issue :)

I will add a FAQ entry on the wiki for this.

James Strachan wrote:
> 2009/3/26 Willem Jiang <>:
>> Adding a Bundle-Activator into the camel-spring module  will introduce the
>> dependency of OSGi jars into camel-spring.
>> I'm wandering if we could do some thing on the camel-osgi module's
>> Bundle-Activator to override the camel-spring's Spring handler?
> Yeah -could we just not have a bundle activator in camel-osgi that
> does the camel-osgi stuff - then delegate (if we need to) to spring-dm
> stuff?

View raw message