camel-users mailing list archives

From "N.D." <>
Subject Re: Routing keeping originalMessageId
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:52:29 GMT

> This is a JMS spec thing; not something Camel can fix.
> A JMS provider creates the JMSMessageId to be unique for a given JMS
> provider. Camel doesn't set this header, nor can it.
> The message ID is only set on a message after its sent - so its
> typically not that useful as a correlation ID (its kinda too late :).
> If you are sending more than one message you want to correlate or want
> to perform correlation over multiple JMS providers you might want to
> just create your own correlation IDs.

You're right !

After looking in active-mq sources (for my current example), i saw that
message ID is set (uniquely) by the JMS Provider at sent time. So whatever
could be camel configured for my final route end-point, JMS Producer send()
will be the "last" statement handled by Camel and message ID affectation
occurs (too :-) later.

I'd test a activemq dependant solution (which succeed) with a
MessageTransformer ([re/]storing original Id via message properties) binded
on ConnectionFactory passed to my processor and to camel jms component.

However, i'll move to a correlation ID pattern which proper meet my needs.

Sent from the Camel - Users (activemq) mailing list archive at

View raw message