camel-users mailing list archives

From Joe Fernandez <joe.fernan...@ttmsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Exceptions thrown when seda given a size parameter
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 15:22:39 GMT

In ACTIVEMQ_HOME/lib/optional there was the apache-camel-1.5.0.jar file. I
removed it and things look much better. Only thing is that I am getting this
warning from the DefaultConverter

WARN  DefaultTypeConverter           - Overriding type converter from:
StaticMethodTypeConverter: public static java.lang.String
org.apache.camel.converter.IOConverter.toString(javax.xml.transform.Source)
throws javax.xml.transform.TransformerException,java.io.IOException to:
InstanceMethodTypeConverter: public java.lang.String
org.apache.camel.converter.jaxp.XmlConverter.toString(javax.xml.transform.Source)
throws javax.xml.transform.TransformerException

Thank you, Claus!

Joe

Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Joe Fernandez
> <joe.fernandez@ttmsolutions.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am using NetBeans 6.5 to build the jar file that contains my Route(s).
>> then deploy the jar file to $ACTIVEMQ_HOME/lib/optional.
>>
>> My Route package is com.foo.bar.myroutes, and so I add the following to
>> the
>> activemq xml cfg file.
>>
>> <camelContext id="camel"
>> xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring">
>>    <package>com.foo.bar.myroutes</package>
>> </camelContext>
>>
>> I then run activemq and it is during AMQ's startup that Camel hurls all
>> these exceptions. Again, everything is fine as long as I don't add the
>> 'size' parameter to my seda endpoint.
>>
>> I have added a couple of other jar files to $ACTIVEMQ_HOME/lib/optional,
>> but
>> they're not Camel-related. For example, I am using the JUEL.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Joe
> Are you sure you do not have any camel-spring-integration.jar on the
> classpath?
>
> This is the ERROR you get when Camel uses the type converter to
> convert 10000 as a String to an Integer.
> And this triggers Camel to initialize its type converter registry and
> it has build in classpath discovery.
> eg it will look in your classpath for classes that has the @Converter
> annotation. And somehow it finds the
> org.apache.camel.component.spring.integration.converter.SpringIntegrationConverter
> class and then you get this ERROR since the actual spring integration
> framework .jar is not in the classpath.
>
> Make sure you do not have the big .jar, eg camel.jar in the classpath.
>

> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/springframework/integration/message/Message
>

>> Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:

>>> Yeah that is fine with only these 3 camel .jars.
>>>
>>> But you better double check your classpath when you run your project
>>> as could have other non wanted .jars in there, eg. such as
>>> camel-spring-integration.jar.
>>>
>>> If your project is maven based, then you can run:
>>> mvn dependency:list
>>>
>>> To see which .jars get pulled in.
>>>
>>> You also need the activemq-camel.jar in the class path to integrate
>>> AMQ with Camel properly.
>>> And make sure you use the AMQ component with Camel for JMS messaging
>>> and not the generic JMS component.
>>> http://camel.apache.org/activemq.html
>>>

>>> BTW: How do you run your project?

Am