camel-users mailing list archives

From Bob Pollack <robert_h_poll...@yahoo.com>
Subject What If JBI sendSync() Never Returns?
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:13:04 GMT

Does anyone know of a way to set a timer for JBI endpoints? If I make a
request of a JBI service (by something like to ("jbi:endpoint:foo"), the
call to the JBI endpoint seems to be made as DeliveryChannel.sendSync
(message), with no timeout. If the target JBI service doesn't respond (let's
say it crashes), the Camel route seems to hang forever.

When I look at the code, the JBI call seems to be done by
org.apache.servicemix.common.endpoints.SimpleEndpoint, which doesn't even
contain a sendSync() call with a timeout. So I conclude that there's no way
for Camel to ask for one.

Should this be submitted as an enhancement request? (If so, can someone tell
me where?) Or does someone have a Camel workaround or a Java thread
solution?

(This is related to
http://www.nabble.com/Servicemix-Camel-problem---ToJbiProcessor-hangs-tp18651622p18651622.html
a similar problem  that has already been posted here. But the previous
problem concerned a JBI-JMS interaction that appears to have been solved by
changing the JMS logic. I'm interested in a solution that gives me some kind
of timeout when the target JBI component fails to respond for any reason
whatsoever.)