camel-users mailing list archives

From ee7arh <andrew.hu...@2e-systems.com>
Subject References to objects processed in routes held, eventually run out of memory
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:07:40 GMT

Hi,

I have defined a series of routes in Camel which effectively routes messages
from queues, to bean processors and back to queues until at the very end the
message is written to a database and processing is complete.

My application ran out of memory after running for a while and when I
debugged with JMap and JHat I found that every object I created in my bean
processors and routed through Camel still existed in memory. It was as
though nothing ever got garbage collected.

I have no lists or caches in my application.

One thing I noticed from Jhat is that my objects were still referenced by
camel / jms:

References to this object:
org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsExchange@0x8d877ea0 (48 bytes) : field in

I verified that all my queues are empty so I'm wondering how it can be that
my objects are still referenced by Camel and thus haven't been garbage
collected?

Any theories?

Thanks
Andrew