camel-users mailing list archives

From "m.s." <>
Subject Re: Starting, stopping and removing routes at runtime
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:15:58 GMT

>> - can I get a single RouteDefinition, or only a list that I must iterate
>> find the one I am looking for?
> The API is what we got. But we are open for API changes in Camel 2.0
> so if you have suggestions what
> you would like changed/added that feedback is much appreciated.

I think a pre check if a route with a certain ID already exists would be
helpful. I would also like to do more things based on the routeID, instead
of getting the list with the RouteDefinitions and then searching for the one
I want to manipulate. I am thinking about methods like
- RouteDefinition getRouteDefinition(String id)
- void startRoute(String id)
- void stopRoute(String id)
- boolean routeExists(String id)

On the other hand I am not sure if this is really feasible as the route ID
is an optional attribute. And as these route manipulations at runtime do not
occur that often, the current API and some additional code in the
application is probably sufficient in most cases.

Sent from the Camel - Users (activemq) mailing list archive at

View raw message