camel-users mailing list archives

From smullins7 <smulli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding custom mbeans to camel JMX mbeanserver
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:35:29 GMT

No spring is not creating my endpoint that's probably the problem.  Right
now, my custom component creates my custom endpoint.  For the time being I
might just register the mbeans myself but I was hoping for a less invasive
way to expose these mbeans.

I would love to help out, do you have a suggested approach to this problem?
Just briefly digging around the DefaultCamelContext and
InstrumentationLifecycleStrategy it looks like whenever an endpoint is
requested is requested from a uri, the InstrumentationLifecycleStrategy
class will wrap that endpoint in a ManagedEndpoint and register the
ManagedEndpoint with the mbeanserver.  Maybe there's a way to check if the
endpoint is a MangedResource; if it is then register the endpoint, if its
not then wrap it in a MangedEndpoint?