camel-users mailing list archives

From atlep <>
Subject Re: Classloading and OSGI
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 14:08:53 GMT

No they don't..

I peeked into the code that tries to load the QueueBrowserStrategy, and it
seemt that it doesnt try the contextclasslaoder at all (I am using camel
1.5.0), did i peek hard enough?

Ideally one don't want to have references to packages other than camel-core,
and let camel sort the refrences out. In osgi cases when the classloader is
important one could have some explicit classloader configuration in

I will try to check the 2.0 fix, thank you for your help! :)

willem.jiang wrote:
> I just want to ask a question, did your bundle has the import of
> org.apache.camel.component.jms.* ?
> If so, the ObjectHelper should be able to load the default
> QueueBrowserStrategy.
> Willem
> willem.jiang wrote:
>> Hi ,
>> I just created a JIRA[1] for your issue.
>> And will commit a quick fix for it.
>> If you have time please check out the latest camel 2.0 snapshot to verify
>> it.
>> [1]
>> Willem
>> atlep wrote:
>>> I am using camel in  a OSGI (Felix) environment, and I regularly bump
>>> into classloading issues:
>>> THe most recentones are
>>> The JSM Component cant find the QueueBrowserStrategy because it cannot
>>> see the spring bundle that exports it, because it is using a "wrong "
>>> classloader to try to load it (it uses o.a.c.util.ObjectHelper's
>>> classloader).
>>> The activemq component cannot load object messages because it cannot
>>> deserialize the body. I have tried setting the thread contextclassloader
>>> to my bundles classloader, but it seems it does not use the context
>>> classloader.
>>> Are there any good practices or patterns regarding using camel +
>>> activemq in a OSGi environment, without resorting to servicemix?
>>> Maybe these wrinkles are ironed out in camel 2.0?

Sent from the Camel - Users (activemq) mailing list archive at

View raw message