camel-users mailing list archives

From Neil Rutherford <nrutherf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: trying to implement rendezvous
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:55:04 GMT
With this approach:

from(tcp).process(controlMessage).to("direct:submsg");
from("direct:submsg").split().parallelProcessing().to(client socket).end();

How does the threading work?

Will a new thread be spawned for each new request into the tcp
endpoint and will that thread then spawn a new thread for each
submessage @ the parallelprocessing() part and will each of those
threads block while waiting for a response from the client socket?

So for example, if 10 requests came in at the same second:

- 10 threads will be spawned to process the route
- each message has 5 service messages and so each processing thread
will now spawn 5 more threads to process the service messages
- all these threads will block while waiting for a response or socket
timeout (timeout for client socket is 30 sec)

thanks,

Neil