camel-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Renault <guillaume.rena...@bull.net>
Subject Re: camel-cxf component & dependencies jars !!
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:04:10 GMT
Hi Charles and all the Camel users,

More than an answer to Charles, this mail also starts a point on Camel
integration in OSGi.

I'm actually developping such a thing on a JOnAS 5.1 application server,
which rely on a Felix OSGi gateway. I'm also using a 1.5.0 version of
camel, and a 2.1.3 version of CXF (and it's actually a bundle ;)).

I did have some improvement to do on Camel (exposes it as an OSGi
service using iPOJO, redefines how to lookup converters in packages, and
some other stuffs, a complete point on this to come ...) I'm providing
my project some integration tests to validate my work, and then propose
it to the Camel community.

However, you can browse my sources at this address :
svn//svn.forge.objectweb.org/svnroot/jonas/sandbox/camel-jonas5
<svn://svn.forge.objectweb.org/svnroot/jonas/sandbox/camel-jonas5>

for your problem, i didn't have any of them, as both camel modules and
CXF are provided as bundles. The only problem i had is for CXF bundle
which doesn't import the Jetty classes if you need to expose web
services from simple POJO, using the front end API of CXF. A way to
expose your packages you need to be exposed as an OSGi bundle is to
build your own bundle with those packages embedded and exported.
Moreover, you have to avoid cycled dependencies.

Regards,

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Renault - BULL Service