camel-users mailing list archives

From huntc <hu...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Is Mina custom codec overriding text line codec
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 09:39:26 GMT

Having delved into MinaComponent.java, I see that a configuration is copied
on the creation of an endpoint i.e.

  MinaConfiguration config = configuration.copy();

on line 81. This configuration is created on instantiating the mina
component (that should be just once right?).

I'm guessing that for every Mina endpoint expressed as:

  from("mina:...")...

there's a corresponding Endpoint instance created from that one component.

Of course with Mina, one instance of an acceptor can host many socket
connections. Perhaps with other transports this is not the case and that
copying the configuration makes sense. However with Mina I am not sure that
copying the configuration buys you much... perhaps we should instantiate the
configuration each time instead of copying. That way, we're not going to
carry forward previous configurations that are not applicable.

Maybe I have this wrong and apologies if so. 'hope that my investigations
help.

Kind regards,
Christopher