camel-users mailing list archives

From Ashwin Karpe <aska...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Fuse Packages
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 23:17:11 GMT

Hi,

It is true that a CamelContext can be embedded in ActiveMQ (after all it was
considered a subproject of ActiveMQ) until a couple of weeks ago.

However Camel can exist standalone, be embedded inside another Java
application of be instantiated via Spring in a Spring based environment. At
the end of the day Camel is a routing engine that was designed to be used in
different environments.

You may choose whichever deployment option that best suits your needs.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ashwin...

Glenn Macgregor-3 wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I know this is not the correct place for this post but the fusesource
> forum page is broken so I cannot create an account.
>
> I have installed fuse-message-broker and it seems to incorporate camel
> already although it is a different version than the latest
> fuse-mediation-router. If this is true why do I need to install
> fuse-mediation-router, what else does it provide? Is there a way to
> integrate mediation-router into message-broker so I am using the latest
> mediation-router?
>
> Just trying to get a handle on what the components are and how to use
> them.
>
> Thanks
>
>  Glenn

-----
---
Ashwin Karpe, Principal Consultant, PS - Opensource Center of Competence
Progress Software Corporation
14 Oak Park Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
---